We are pleased to announce the ratification of a revised Collective Agreement between School District No. 8 Kootenay Lake and CUPE Local 748. A Memorandum of Agreement was signed by both parties on Saturday, November 23rd.
A few highlights of our revised Collective Agreement include the following:
- Wage increases
- Year one 2% effective July 1, 2019
- Year two 2% effective July 1, 2020
- Year three 2% effective July 1, 2021
- Service Improvement Allocation of $63,430 will be allocated to professional development, education assistants and bus driver’s overtime over the next three years effective from July 1, 2020..
- Term of this agreement is from July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2022.
Congratulations to the bargaining teams for their commitment to the bargaining process and successful ratification of our revised Collective Agreement.
Dr. Christine Perkins, Superintendent and Chief Executive Officer
About The Board of Education of School District No. 8 (Kootenay Lake):
The Board of Education of School District No. 8 provides educational services to numerous diverse communities in the East & West Kootenays, including Crawford Bay, Creston, Kaslo, Meadow Creek, Nelson, Salmo, Slocan, South Slocan, Winlaw, Wynndel and Yahk. Its dedicated team focuses on providing the best possible educational opportunities for over 5,400 students and their families. Its mission is to focus on excellence for all learners in a nurturing environment.