Continuous Improvement Through Coherence
District goals are identified through analysis of the evidence through the Enhancing Student Learning Report, Continuous Learning Reports, Operational Reports and School Learning Plans. In order to enhance the learning for all students and ensure that each student is able to graduate with dignity, purpose, and options.
SD8’s four learning goals include numeracy, literacy, inclusion and Indigenization and can be found in the District Strategic Plan. Within these four learning goals, SD8 specifically focuses on fostering equity for all learners.
By ensuring that school learning plans, operational plans, and continuous improvement reports support and align with the Board of Education’s strategic plan, there is opportunity for coherence in planning and use of resources to create efficiency and build towards student success.
- List of approaches and resources in place for children and youth in care, students with diverse abilities, and for overall student success
- Indigenous learners
Continuous Learning Reports
- Early Years Continous Learning Report 2021-2022
- Aboriginal Education Continuous Learning Report 2021-2022
- Literacy Continous Learning Report - Februrary 2022
- Numeracy Continuing Learning Report - March 2022
Inclusion, Equity and Diversity Continous Learning Report – coming September 2022!
Career, Education and Trades Continuous Learning Report - coming May 2023!
Aboriginal Education Plans
School Learning Plans
- Adam Robertson Elementary
- Blewett Elementary
- Brent Kennedy Elementary
- Canyon-Lister Elementary
- Erickson Elementary
- Hume Elementary
- Jewett Elementary
- Redfish Elementary
- Rosemont Elementary
- Salmo Elementary
- South Nelson Elementary
- Winlaw Elementary
- Crawford Bay Elementary and Secondary
- J.V. Humphries Elementary and Secondary
- W.E. Graham Elementary and Secondary
Middle and Secondary Schools