SD8 Kootenay Lake is pleased to welcome all students to our schools and invites registration for 2019-2020.
To align with BC’s Changing Curriculum and our commitment to student choice, the SD8 Board of Education has amended its Policy to streamline and simplify student transfer and registration processes.
Students are welcome to register in their catchment area schools at any time.
Transfer request forms are now also available: 2019-2020 Transfer Request Form
For registration in your catchment area school:
- We encourage parents of students who will be attending Kindergarten in the 2019-2020 school year to register their children as early as possible;
- We welcome students who wish to register at their neighbourhood (catchment area) school, but who currently attend an independent school or other non-SD8 Kootenay Lake program, and encourage them to register as soon as possible.
For students who plan to attend a school that is not in their catchment area:
- Transfer forms & Registrations will be accepted from February 1, 2019 to March 29, 2019 at 4:00 PM.
- Transfer forms only need to be completed by students transferring to a school that is not in their catchment area;
- The deadline to receive Student Transfer forms is March 29, 2019 at 4:00 pm;
- All transfer requests received by this date will be considered for the 2019-2020 school year and families will be notified prior to the end of the school year;
- Student Transfers received after the March 29, 2019 deadline will not be considered until after September 6th, 2019 (first Friday after school starts); Download the Post Deadline Student Transfer Form.
- NOTE: Student transfer forms are no longer required for students who have been attending an out of catchment school or an independent school, but who wish to attend their “in catchment” school for 2019-2020. However, registration forms and applicable information will be required;
- Out of catchment Students wishing to attend a school, where their sibling attends, will be prioritized before other “out of catchment” students wishing to attend.