Kootenay Lake School District is committed to creating and maintaining school environments in which students, staff, parents and others feel safe. Schools cannot ignore any threat of violence. This represents ‘fair notice’ to our communities that SD8 will address all threats to self and/or others.
What can students, staff, parents and community members do?
- Listen to children and youth
- Talk to your child
- Talk to your child’s teacher and administration
- Take action
- Report any threat making behavior to any member of the Threat Assessment team (Principal, MCFD, MH, Police) or, if immediate danger, call the RCMP or Nelson City Police
- Check out the www.erasebullying.ca website for parent and community resources
- Download the Student Violence Threat/Risk Assessment: Fair Notice brochure
Fair Notice Brochure